Mediating appropriate cases can result in early settlement and reduced life cycle of claims and the overall costs of settlement. The following benefits all help you to provide an efficient service to insurer clients:
- Reduce Risks : mediation offers an excellent opportunity to properly assess the strengths and weaknesses of a case and identify claims that need to be resolved.
- Reduce Claim Life Cycles : settle difficult claims earlier – we settle 90% of cases referred to us – and usually we are only asked to help in the difficult matters.
- Reduce Costs of Settlement :a properly timed mediation on the appropriate case can result in a significant saving on the overall costs of settlement.
We recommend mediation when:
- Negotiations have stalled : one or both sides have made their “final offers” and believe there is no prospect of settlement.
- A JSM is unlikely to succeed : relations between the legal teams may have collapsed or you might not believe the other side is serious about settlement.
- Your opponent has unrealistic expectations : sometimes claimants have unreasonable expectations which can not easily be managed by their lawyers. A neutral mediator can effectively assist the management and reality testing of claimant aspirations.
- You need convincing : you do not have the advantage of assessing the claimant in the way that their lawyers do. Seeing them in the controlled confidential environment of a mediation can replace the assumptions and guesswork that you may have had to employ.
If you have a case that you think may be suitable give us a call for a free, no-obligation assessment.